- Category: Employment
- Category: Employment
Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Reports to: Digital Marketing Manager
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic organization with a vision for "A world where all children and families live in communities of life and love". Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, combined with the continued effort of our international partners and Chalice sponsored families, we work in more than 250 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, for families to become empowered, and for communities to become more caring and connected.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a qualified, dedicated, and detail-oriented individual for a full-time position as Communications Specialist as a part of the Invitation Department. The ideal candidate will be committed Chalice’s mission “To bring Christ to the poor and the poor to Christ” and will be primarily responsible for working as a part of the creative team to help develop, launch, and implement new communications initiatives, as well as provide copy-editing support for internal and external communication pieces. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Assist in developing and maintaining marketing strategies & campaigns using all necessary channels.
- Writing compelling copy targeted for a wide range of audiences to be used online and in promotional and fundraising materials and reports.
- Contributing stories for the Annual Report, Gift Catalogue, and monthly eNewsletter.
- Editing the print newsletter distributed to supporters.
- Working collaboratively with the Creative Team to develop campaign concepts, narratives, and executions.
- Assist in writing, editing, and proofreading written material produced by the Invitation Department as well as other departments.
- Stay up to date with evolving standards in communications, emerging PR trends, and develop narratives in keeping with them.
- Attend departmental and team meetings, including daily prayer meetings, as required.
- Work and communicate professionally across departments and in team settings.
- Ad-hoc project work and other responsibilities as assigned.
- Post-secondary degree in Marketing/Public Relations or equivalent.
- Previous writing experience (1-5 years).
- Exceptional writing, editing, and proofreading skills.
- Familiarity with content creation and strategy.
- Outstanding ability to develop stories.
- Polished presentation skills.
- Strong project management and time management skills.
- Ability to work in a professional manner in a deadline-driven environment.
- A collaborative mindset.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated initiative.
- Strong personal integrity.
- French language skills would be considered an asset.
- Experience and understanding of social media platforms, including analytics and optimization, would be considered an asset.
Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in an office environment.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, shortened summer work weeks, and health and travel insurances.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to HR@chalice.ca identifying your salary expectations and availability. Please include “Communication Specialist 2022” in the subject line. We will be pre-screening applications for interviews as they arrive until December 12, 2022. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for pre-screening and/or an interview will be contacted.