Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia Canada
Job Title: Annual Giving Specialist
Reports to: Senior Manager of Invitation and Engagement
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a highly personable, detail-oriented, and relationship-focused individual for the role of Annual Giving Specialist. The Annual Giving Specialist works within the Invitation and Engagement department as part of the Major Gifts team, and is responsible for fostering a continuing relationship with current and potential Chalice donors by tracking, responding to, and following-up with donor requests, interests, and gifts.
The Annual Giving Specialist professionally communicates with donors via telephone, computer, and email, and works in a computerized environment to maintain internal records and reporting related to their work. The Annual Giving Specialist works in and contributes to the faith and prayer filled environment at Chalice, and also holds values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice. The successful candidate for this position has completed a post-secondary program or has demonstrable experience in a related role, has experience in customer service, and is adept at interpersonal communication.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Commitment to support, promote, and grow the mission of Chalice
• Track donor interests using internal tools and database software, and connect donors to various Chalice funding initiatives• Cultivate and maintain relationships with current and potential Chalice donors through correspondence and other forms of professional contact, such as follow-up reporting and thank you calls
• Maintain a current knowledge and a clear understanding of Chalice’s campaigns and activities to identify the most appropriate gift for the donor’s wishes
• Maintain and enhance appropriate donor relationships and financial information
• Conduct donor research and create periodic report on donor involvement
• Develop impact reports and other communication materials to respond to donor requests
• Represent Chalice in a professional capacity, including at fundraising and various other events and forums
• Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
• Attend departmental, team, and daily prayer meetings as required
• Perform other duties assigned by the Senior Manager.
• Completion of a relevant post-secondary program or equivalent related experience
• Strong customer service skills with the ability to negotiate, build and maintain relations to inspire others to support Chalice
• Demonstrated experience working in a detail-oriented and customer service-focused environment
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and use discretion in confidential matters
• Demonstrated proficiency working in the Microsoft Office/Office 365 environment, including Excel, Outlook, Teams, Word and other programs
• Exceptional persuasive and explanatory written and verbal communication skills
• English Language proficiency - mandatory
• French Language proficiency - considered an asset
• Experience working in a charitable or not-for-profit organization related to non-profit fundraising and/or financial planning would be considered an asset
• CFRE Certification would be considered and asset
• Experience creating content for and making public presentations would be considered an asset
• Knowledge of donor management databases would be considered an asset
• Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and Faith would be considered an asset.
• Stay current on major giving techniques and changes that affect charitable giving
• Attend training sessions, conferences, and workshops as required
• Participate in research and knowledge-sharing initiatives.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, shortened summer work weeks, as well as health and travel insurances.To Apply:
Please forward your cover letter and resume directly to HR@chalice.ca, with Annual Giving Specialist in the subject line of the email, by September 13, 2021. Please state your salary expectation and availability. We thank all those who apply for their interest in the position; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.