Our Mission: To bring Christ to the poor and the poor to Christ. Inspired by Christ's love and compassion, Chalice works with local groups to create, support and increase access to education, health, and family livelihood.
Our programs include Child and Family Sponsorship, Human Development Programs, Capital Projects, and Urgency Funding. These programs enable local organizations in 15 developing countries to facilitate sustainable solutions within their communities in Chalice's five impact areas: Education, Nutrition, Health and Hygiene, Family Development, and Community Development.
Chalice has been recognized by MoneySense Magazine as one of the best run Canadian Charities for the past 6 years. Designed to help donors get a better idea for how efficiently charities use their money, the MoneySense rating system provides Canadians with valuable information to make smart giving decisions.
How We Did in Fiscal Year 2015-2016
- 99.7% of sponsored children in school
- 100% of sponsored children with access to health care for illness and critical health needs
- 55,239 children receive at least one nutritious meal per day
- 12,746 individuals access Chalice funded opportunities for skills development
- Infrastructure projects: 39 water projects; 250 houses; 23 schools
- 37 individuals received funding for urgent needs (famine relief, critical medical needs, etc.)
- 2,291 sponsored children left the program because they have completed their education and/or their family is able to sustain itself