Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia Canada
Job Title: IT Support
Reports to: Information Systems Manager
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a highly service-oriented and solutions-focused individual for the role of IT Support for a 10 month, full-time contract position. The successful candidate will be working within the IT team and be responsible for working to support various IT projects, applications, and software deployment as outlined by the Information Systems Manager.
Additionally, the IT Support staff is responsible for reporting on the status of assigned projects, and for assisting in the development of IT-related standards, guidelines, and procedures. The ideal candidate will also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• Assist with configuration, testing and operations of platform solution (Microsoft 365).
• Support the IT Department as we discover organization needs and how best to support their requirements
• Provide reports regarding the status of all assigned projects on a regular basis.
• Develop and maintain various internal web applications
• Create standard procedure, maintenance, and resolution documentation, as needed
• Coordinate and/or provide orientation and training to system users as required by any system implementation or change• Assist in developing and implementing standards, guidelines, procedures, and methodology for system development
• Effectively solve problems and operate in a cross functional team-oriented IT environment
• Keep current on the knowledge of hardware and software
• Attend daily prayer meetings, and other team and organizational meetings as required
• Being open to other duties and activities as assigned or deemed critical by the supervisor.
• Completion of a post-secondary program in a related technical discipline
• At least one year of IT support experience
• Experience with Symfony, Doctrine, PostgreSQL is an asset
• Experience with GIT, GitLab or GitHub
• Experienced in Linux (Debian/Ubuntu, and/or CentOS/Amazon Linux) server and development environments
• Experienced in Project Management
• Familiarity with ASP.NET, C#
• Familiarity with Microsoft 365
• Knowledgeable in computer networking and hardware troubleshooting
• Strong organizational skills and ability to set and meet deadlines
• Has analytical skill and meticulous attention to detail
• Self motivated, organized
• Maintains confidentiality of information
• 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday; with availability to work overtime as necessary.
• Must be comfortable working in a Catholic, faith and prayer filled environment
• Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and Faith will be considered an asset
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, shortened summer work weeks, as well as health and travel insurances.
Please forward you cover letter and resume directly to HR@chalice.ca with IT Support in the subject line of the email by September 7, 2021. Please state your salary expectation and availability. We thank all those who apply for their interest in the position; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.