Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports to: Senior Manager of Invitation and Engagement
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Chalice (Canada) is looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and task-focused individual for the role of Administrative Assistant.
The Administrative Assistant works within the Invitation and Engagement department, and is responsible for assisting in daily office needs and managing general administrative activities within the department. The Administrative Assistant works in and contributes to the faith and prayer filled environment at Chalice, and also holds values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice. The successful candidate will have experience working in a similar position, have proficiency using the Microsoft Office/Office 365 suite of programs (including Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams), and possess strong time management and organizational skills.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Prepare outgoing mail for the department, including letters and correspondence.
- Accept incoming mail for the department and distribute to appropriate staff as needed
- Reading, resopnding, and/or redistributing donor email communications as necessary from the general inquiry Chalice email address
- Data entry as assigned
- Updating report and spreadsheets for the Engagement Team as needed
- Inputting invoices and payments for the departmental budget
- Preparing departmental reports and maintaining appropriate filing systems
- Ensure the efficient and smooth day-to-day operation of the department
- Maintain a current knowledge and a clear understanding of Chalice's campaigns and activities to better support staff
- Occasional interaction and support to in-office supporters and volunteers as required
- Attend departmental, team, and daily prayer meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
• 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday; with availability to work overtime as necessary