Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: Sponsor Site Specialist
Reports to: International Department Program Manager
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a dedicated, detail-focused, and team-oriented individual for a full-time position as Sponsor Site Specialist within the International Department team.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Process and manage beneficiary information (including digital profiles, sponsorship booklets, and correspondence from beneficiaries) for designated sponsor sites and assigning beneficiary codes in accordance with approved growth plans
- Ensure quality and accuracy of beneficiary and sponsor site information used by Chalice staff, and of information in preparation for printing of materials
- Monitor New Beneficiary Package tracker and other beneficiary management reports
- Work within Site Specialist team to ensure all beneficiaries are sponsored in a timely manner, and that all regions are represented in Chalice sponsorship campaigns
- Communicate with Chalice's sponsor sites to respond to requests for information
- Collaborate with International Managers (IMs) in providing feedback and coaching to develop capacity within sponsor sites
- Review, collate, and analyze data from sponsor site Quarterly Operations Reports and produce reports for Chalice Canada
- Prepare and communicate Quarterly Sponsorship Feedback to sites on sponsorship administration performance
- Process large mailouts to Chalice supporters by preparing documents, as well as printing, stuffing, and applying postage to envelopes
- International shipping and receiving, including preparation of waybills, completing declarations and customs forms, as well as logging incoming packages from sponsor sites
- Attend meetings with the Sponsor Site Specialists and International Department, as well as daily prayer meetings
- Assist Mission Trip Coordinator by preparing booklets and respond to mission trip and site visit inquiries
- Collaborate across different departments within Chalice for development, problem solving initiatives, and reporting
- Other duties and cross-training on tasks as delegated to assure proper functioning and success of the International Department.
- Post-secondary education in International Development Studies or related fields
- Demonstrated cross-cultural competence
- Experience and knowledge about issues related to poverty and inequality in the developing world
- Experience in program evaluation and data management
- Outstanding oral and written English is mandatory
- Oral and written (a) French or (b) Spanish is a highly desirable asset and will be mandatory for at least one of the permanent Sponsor Site Specialist positions
- Strong IT skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office 365
- Knowledge of IMIS would be an asset
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Experience in customer service
- Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and faith would be considered an asset.
Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, in an office environment.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, shortened summer work weeks, health and travel insurances, and a retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your CV with cover letter by email to HR@chalice.ca identifying your salary expectations and availability. Please include "Sponsor Site Specialist 2021" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.