Job Title: Finance Representative
Job Location: Bedford, NS
Chalice (Canada) is seeking a highly donor/customer-oriented individual for the position of Finance Representative (Data Entry Clerk). Working in a prayer filled, faith-focused environment, the Finance Representative is primarily responsible for processing donations, working professionally across departments, and communicating with donors and sponsors directly via telephone, in writing, and in person.
The successful candidates for this position will be demonstrably well-organized, have a keen attention to detail, be committed towards meeting deadlines, comfortable in and adept at working in a highly computerized environment, and enjoy effectively communicating with donors. The ideal candidate must also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Job Title: Finance Representative
Reports To: Finance Representative Lead
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Set up accounts for new donors and sponsors
- Update donor and sponsor accounts as necessary
- Accurately record received donations and sponsorships
- Reconcile payment transactions
- Issue receipts for donations
- Professionally communicate with donors and sponsors, and respond to queries regarding accounts
- Receive and place telephone calls
- Additional projects as assigned
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
- Community College and/or University degree in commerce
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Excel, Outlook, and Word
- Experience in customer service, data entry, receivables processing and/or telecommunication
- Not-for-profit experience would be considered an asset but is not essential
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Critical eye for detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent organizational, planning, and time and task management skills
- Ability to learn quickly in a self-directed work environment
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully in a team setting
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing customer requirements
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Comfortable working in a faith-based, prayer filled environment
- Maintains confidentiality of information
- 40 hours a week, Monday to Friday starting at 8:30AM
- Must be comfortable working in a faith filled prayer environment
- Involvement and knowledge of the Catholic faith and church structure considered an asset
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid time off, shortened summer work weeks, a health and dental plan (after three months of employment) and contributions to a Group Registered Retirement Savings Plan (after one year of employment).
To Apply:Forward you cover letter and resume to email@example.com with Finance Representative 2021 in the subject line of the email. We thank all those who apply for their interest in the position; however, only those considered for an interview will be contacted.