Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Reports to: Engagement Manager
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova-Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a dedicated, relationship-focused, and detail-oriented individual for a full-time position as Major Gifts Specialist within the Invitation and Engagement team.
The ideal candidate will be committed to Chalice's mission "To bring Christ to the poor and the poor to Christ", and will be responsible for seeking out and securing sources of funding from foundations, past contributors, new donors, and corporate contributors by developing relationships through detail oriented communication and reporting on funded initiatives. The ideal candidate must also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.Key Areas of Responsibility
- Commitment to the mission of Chalice
- Develop a coordinated matrix of communication and solicitation strategies focused on shaping a culture of annual support
- Identify, solicit, and secure gift opportunities from Chalice supporters
- Cultivate and maintain relationships through correspondence and other forms of professional contact, such as follow-up reporting, with supporters who are considering a gift
- Maintaining a current knowledge and a clear understanding of Chalice's campaigns and activities to identify the most appropriate gift for the donor's wishes
- Maintain and enhance appropriate donor relationships and financial information
- Conduct donor research and create periodic reports on donor involvement
- Develop communication materials to respond to donor requests
- Develop and implement successful fundraising strategies
- Discern and document pertinent information in order to enhance and develop Chalice supporter profiles
- Represent Chalice in a professional capacity, including at fundraising and various other events and forums
- Maintain strict confidentiality at all times.
- Stay current on major giving techniques and changes that affect charitable giving
- Attend training sessions, conferences, and workshops as required
- Participate in research and knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Work-related experience in charitable giving required, in addition to the following criteria:
- Strong salesperson with the ability to negotiate, build and maintain relations to inspire others to support Chalice
- Experience in non-profit fundraising and/or financial planning
- Exceptional persuasive and explanatory written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use discretion in confidential matters
- Detail oriented and perceptive customer service skills
- Completion of a relevant post-secondary program or equivalent experience
- Ability to represent Chalice professionally
- CFRE Certification would be considered an asset
- Experience in Planned Giving would be considered an asset
- Knowledge of IMIS, Office 365 Suite an asset
- Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and Faith would be considered an asset.
- Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, 8:30 a.m. - 5 p.m., Monday to Friday
- Travel within Canada a possibility but not a significant part of duties.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, health and travel insurances, and a retirement savings plan.
Please submit your CV with cover letter by email to HR@chalice.ca and include "Major Gifts Specialist" as the subject line.