Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a detail oriented and solutions focused individual for a full-time position as Web Application Developer.
The successful candidate will be working within the IT team and be responsible for meeting deadlines of application development, design, and maintenance through to configuration, deployment, and support. The ideal candidate must also be comfortable working in and contributing to the faith-filled work environment at Chalice, as well as hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice.
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization. Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, we are able to work in more than 200 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, families to become stronger, and communities to become self-sustaining.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develop and maintain various internal web applications
- Create standard procedure, maintenance, and resolution documentation, as needed
- Coordinate and/or provide orientation and training to system users as required by any system implementation or change
- Provide reports regarding the status of all assigned projects on a regular basis
- Assist in developing and implementing standards, guidelines, procedures, and methodology for system development
- Assist in data mining and data analysis
- Able to effectively solve problems and operate in a cross functional, team-oriented IT environment
- Keep current on the knowledge of hardware and software.
Education, Experience and Technical Skills
- Community College graduate (2-year diploma)
- Experience with GIT, GitLab or GitHub
- Experience with Symfony, Doctrine, PostgreSQL is an asset
- Experienced in Linux (Debian/Ubuntu, and/or CentOS/Amazon Linux) server and development environments
- Experienced in Project Management
- Familiarity with ASP.NET, C#
- Knowledgeable in computer networking and hardware troubleshooting
- Demonstrate success in time management and effective communication while working remotely would be considered an asset.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, with critical eye for detail
- Quick learner: Drive for results; ability to work independently and as a team
- Capable of self-teaching
- Have excellent time management, organizational, task planning and prioritization skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Able to adapt quickly to changing client requirements
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- Standard working time is 40 hours per week
- Availability to work overtime as necessary to discharge duties and responsibilities
- Must be comfortable working in a Catholic, faith and prayer-filled environment
- Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and faith will be considered an asset.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including paid vacation, health and travel insurances, and a retirement savings plan.
Please submit your CV with cover letter by email to HR@chalice.ca identifying your salary expectations and availability. Please include "Web App Developer Position 2021" in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.