Please explore our website to find out more about our organization.
Position: Senior Manager of Invitation and Engagement
Salary: TBD + Benefits
Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Work closely with President and other members of the Leadership Team in leading all aspects of the work of Chalice (Canada), especially in deliberating and developing strategic plans, organizational directions and operational challenges.
- Collaborate with a small core of highly committed departmental managers in discovering and choosing effective and inspired departmental strategies, achievable departmental goals, appropriate objectives and needed activities.
- Mobilize team to explore and develop invitation pathways with churches, ministry associations, businesses, potential donors and volunteers.
- Throughout all aspects of work, provide spiritual and professional leadership for all members of the department and whole organization while fully exemplifying Chalice's Catholic faith and values.
- Executing Chalice strategic plans, goals in welcoming new child sponsorships and donations, keeping all in the department focused and diligent.
- Lead a creative and impassioned team in generating fresh and compelling communication approaches to the Chalice invitation to accompany those struggling with pervasive poverty.
- Direct all external communication, including print, internet, social media, and telephone, related to increasing Chalice potential to invite support for Chalice efforts.
- Advise the senior management on competitive trends, threats and opportunities related to area of responsibility.
- Offer timely and appropriate reporting on departmental achievements and challenges to other senior managers, staff and president.
- Guide the Chalice invitation to Catholic schools.
- Develop and lead the Chalice invitation to potential business supporters.
- Guide large gift, donation and estate giving to generate new approaches and invitations while working closely with a small passionate team to ensure an extraordinary supporter experience.
- Guide social media and internet communications to very effective and compelling online presence essential to Chalice growth and engagement.
- Lead Chalice engagement with Catholic parishes that fosters greater collaboration and participation in the Chalice effort.
- Develop and maintain strong and respectful relations with bishops, parish priests, deacons, and parish leaders across Canada.
- Support and actively participate in the Chalice Chapel of prayer.
- Supervise, support, and develop all staff in the Invitation Department.
- Liaise with and support the work of other departments.
- Build and maintain relationships with donors and volunteers.
- Liaise with Chalice Inc. (USA) in supporting joint ventures and areas of sponsorship.
- Five to seven years of proven experience in a similar or related role that includes strategic planning, fundraising management, partner development, volunteer engagement and people management.
- The ideal candidate will bring a background complete with educational credentials in Not-for-Profit management, Business, or Public Relations.
- An in-depth demonstrated knowledge of the Catholic church structure and working environment in Catholic parishes and related groups.
- A consistent commitment to faithful service in the Body of Christ, visible in an active participation in the life of a local parish or diocese.
- Expertise in fundraising or business development with knowledge of giving trends in the Catholic culture.
- Ability to build and deepen partner relationships, while finding new and creative ways to increase Chalice's reach and influence.
- Exceptional people management, leadership and interpersonal skills, with an ability to attract and retain top talent.
- Highly collaborative and able to build a flourishing team environment.
- Excellent analytical planning and organizational, time management, and prioritization skills.
- Keen awareness and knowledge in utilizing online video and audio formats to invite and engage new and current supporters.
- Strong written and oral communication skills. Able to adapt quickly to changing requirements and challenges.
- Position based in the Archdiocese of Halifax, Nova Scotia.
- Occasional travel locally, nationally, and internationally is expected within this role.
The qualifying period for this very critical position extends till the end of the Chalice fiscal year, June 30, 2020 at which time a review will take place and permanency established.
The foregoing statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills of the person so classified. Responsibilities and duties may change from time to time.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including health and travel insurance and a retirement savings plan.
Please submit your CV with cover letter to Anthony Wight by email email@example.com identifying your salary expectations and availability. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions is 03 September 2019.