Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: International Accounting Analyst
Reports to: International Finance Manager (IFM)
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization with a vision for "A world where all children and families live in communities of life and love." Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, combined with the continued effort of our international partners and Chalice sponsored families, we work in more than 1500 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, for families to become empowered, and for communities to become more caring and connected.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a detail focused individual for the position of International Accounting Analyst. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for reviewing financial reports from Chalice’s international partners and communicating in detail with them on how to improve the quality of their financial reports; The International Accounting Analyst is also responsible for administrative tasks such as records and database management, preparing reports, documents, and presentations, assisting with site budgeting processes, as well as other tasks. This position is considered entry-level within our organization, and would be a great fit for a recent graduate from an accounting program.
We are looking for someone who is connected to the mission of Chalice and has completed a post-secondary accounting program. The ideal candidate would have experience working in an accounting environment, working knowledge of Sage accounting software, and a keen attention to detail; They would also be a strong communicator, be well organized, and committed towards meeting deadlines. During the application evaluation process, candidates will be asked to demonstrate that they are experienced and proficient in working with Excel and Sage software, understand accounting principals, and have strong English language communication skills. The successful candidate will be working in and contributing to the faith and prayer-filled environment at Chalice and hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice, as well as be comfortable in and adept at working in a highly computerized environment.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Review quarterly and annual financial reports from sites and regional/liaison offices as directed by the International Finance Manager (IFM)
- Provide support, training, and feedback to sites as directed by the IFM.
- Review expense reports from Chalice’s international regional team members.
- Maintain electronic database for all overseas sites’ financial information.
- Maintain filing system for International Finance Office.
- Prepare quarterly summary reports and other report drafts for management discussion and analysis for review by IFM and Senior International Manager.
- Assist the IFMs in the preparation of quarterly fund transfer information.
- Update and maintain Sage and Excel reports as requested by the IFM.
- Assist with the annual budgeting process for sites.
- Participate in the review and documentation of Chalice International Finance Office processes and procedures.
- Administrative and other tasks as assigned.
- Attend team meetings and other meetings as required.
Education, Experience and Technical Skills:
- Completed post-secondary program in accounting.
- Experience working in an accounting role.
- Experience preparing and reviewing financial statements.
- Proficiency with computerized accounting systems such as Sage.
- Proficiency in Excel, as well as Microsoft Office programs including Word, Outlook, and PowerPoint.
- Proficiency in Office365 tools such as SharePoint and OneDrive.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting.
Soft Skills and Competencies
- Exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Critical eye for detail.
- Strong verbal and written English language communication skills are mandatory for this position.
- Proficiency in a language primarily used in one of the regions where Chalice works would be considered an asset.
- Works effectively in a team setting, and across various departments.
- Quick learner; enjoy working in a self-teaching, learning organization.
- Have excellent time management, organizational, task planning and prioritization skills.
- Maintains confidentiality of information.
- 40 hours a week in an office setting in Bedford, NS.
- Working in a faith-based, prayer filled environment with daily prayer meetings at 830AM.
- Knowledge, familiarity, and involvement with the Catholic Church and Faith will be considered an asset.
Chalice (Canada) offers benefits including health and travel insurances and a retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please submit a cover letter stating your interest in the position and working for Chalice, as well as your resume by email to HR@chalice.ca identifying your salary expectations and availability. Please include “Chalice IAA 2024” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for submissions for this posting is March 28, 2024