Job Location: Bedford, Nova Scotia
Job Title: School and Events Coordinator
Reports to: Senior Invitation Manager
Chalice (Canada) is a Catholic, Nova Scotia based organization with a vision for "A world where all children and families live in communities of life and love." Through the generosity of our Canadian supporters, combined with the continued effort of our international partners and Chalice sponsored families, we work in more than 1500 communities around the world to provide opportunities for children to receive an education, for families to become empowered, and for communities to become more caring and connected.
Please explore our website to find out more information about our mission and our organization.
Who we are looking for:
Chalice (Canada) is looking for a creative, enthusiastic, and relationship-focused individual for the position of School and Events Coordinator. The successful candidate will be primarily responsible for engaging directly with Catholic school students, teachers, administration, and school boards to provide programing and fundraising opportunities that connect Chalice’s work with Catholic education in Canada, through the School Connections Program. The School and Events Coordinator is also responsible for connecting supporters with peer-to-peer fundraising opportunities that align with their interests and provides follow-up reporting of results and impacts of their donations.
We are looking for someone who is connected to the mission of Chalice and committed to engaging with schools across Canada to build lasting relationships to continue to grow the School Connections program. The ideal candidate would have combined post-secondary education and experience in marketing and/or fund development, strong communication skills, and excellent organizational skills. Additionally, they would have a high level of comfort in creating new contacts through various methods, be experienced in delivering presentations to different audiences, and have a strong knowledge of the Catholic faith, prayer, and Church structure - especially as it relates to Catholic school boards across Canada. The successful candidate will be working in and contributing to the faith and prayer-filled environment at Chalice and hold values that align with the Catholic values of Chalice. Occasional travel to different areas of Canada is required in this role.
Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Understand the dynamics of connecting social justice and charitable giving within Understand the dynamics of connecting social justice and charitable giving withinthe school environment and develop strategies to invite school participation.
- Coordinate with the Senior Invitation Manager on the continued development of theSchool Connections program to offer a host of opportunities for Catholic schools inCanada to support Chalice.
- Develop an annual plan for the program with the Senior Invitation Manager,including budgets and reporting requirements.
- Communicate directly with school boards, school administration, and teachers toprovide information on the School Connections program and customize materialsand opportunities.
- Develop and maintain new and existing relationships with partners, schools, andother stakeholders.
- Develop and deliver presentations promoting the Schools Connections program,including virtually and in-person at various locations across Canada.
- Collaborate across the organization to ensure alignment with Chalice’s overallstrategy, financial and impact reporting, marketing, and other standards.
- Coordinate with deacons, priests, and volunteers in the school community topromote the School Connections program, make presentations, and inviteparticipation.
- Oversee multiple, simultaneous campaigns at different locations across Canada
- Update and administer peer-to-peer fundraising pages and assign event codes todifferent opportunities as needed.
- Distribute program information, materials, impact reports, program results, andmessages of thanks efficiently to ensure successful operation.
- Collect stories and experiences from the Schools Connections program to share aspromotional, invitation, or reporting initiatives.
- Clear criminal record and vulnerable sector check.
- Completed post-secondary degree in marketing, program management, fund development, communication, or a related field, or clear demonstrated experience in a similar position.
- Experience in a marketing, program management, and/or fund development role.
- High level of comfort in creating new contacts through telephone, electronic, and written communication.
- Experience in developing and delivering compelling presentations. • Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
- Excellent organizational, planning, time and task management skills.
- Demonstrated proficiency working with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Planner, Teams, and SharePoint in the Microsoft Office 365 suite.
- Ability to learn quickly in a self-directed work environment.
- Flexibility and adaptable to change.
- Ability to work professionally and respectfully in a team setting.
- Experience working in a cross-cultural setting.
- Reflect in manner Chalice’s values.
- Hours worked: minimum 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with flexibility when communicating with other time-zones.
- Office setting in Bedford, Nova Scotia.
- Occasional Canadian travel.
- Working in a faith-based, prayer filled environment with daily prayer meetings at 8:30AM.
BenefitsChalice (Canada) offers benefits including health and travel insurances and a retirement savings plan.
How to Apply
Please submit your resume and cover letter by email to HR@chalice.ca identifying your salary expectations and availability. Please include “School and Events Coordinator 2023” in the subject line. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for an interview will be