* Service projects supporting the work of Chalice's partners.
* Building relationships with our partners, the families we serve, and other Canadians with a heart for service.
* Witnessing the impact of sponsorship and sharing the opportunity of sponsorship with others.
* Collectively raising financial support for the communities we visit.
* Forming Chalice Champions in Canada to help us in our mission of "Sharing Christ with All in Need".“It’s the most wonderful holistic experience, because you’re learning from the people you are helping, from the staff at the site, and from the members on your team. You receive so much love and joy and always want to give more.” - Virlana Shchuka, “For the Girls!” 2016 Kenya Mission
Chalice's Upcoming Missions
Solidarity Tour to Bolivia
Sponsor a Child
help families in Cochabamba
Mission Dates: November 4-14
Location: Cochabamba, Bolivia
Sponsored Friends: If your sponsored child/elder's code begins with FAT or EMS, we will be at their sponsor site!
- Learn about and witness the works of compassion at a Chalice sponsor site in Bolivia
- Build relationships with our Bolivian friends and colleagues
- Serve in a variety of contexts alongside Chalice's partners (this will include a dental team)
- Increase awareness about those in need with a goal of inspiring the sponsorship of children and elders
- Collectively raise funds to support the work of our partners in Cochabamba
- Pack a suitcase with donation items that are needed in the communities visited
- Be informed Chalice Champions with a desire to inspire other Canadians with our vision.
Chalice Overseas Volunteer Experiences
Chalice also occasionally offers opportunities for COVE placements - Chalice Overseas Volunteer Experiences.
These are smaller teams which travel independently (without the Mission Coordinator) to accomplish a specific task. Individuals may offer their skills and see if there is a match with a need at one of our Sponsor Sites, or they may join a small team meeting a need as proposed by Chalice, as is the case with the following medical COVE in Haiti:
Small Medical Team Heading to Haiti
Service: Assess local medical needs, provide clinical support
Location: Terrier-Rouge and Grand-Bassin, northern Haiti
Date: September 2017 (9 days, dates to be confirmed)
Chalice has been working in Haiti since 1997 and currently operates in two areas of the country. This mission will bring us to one of these areas - our Haiti North Sponsor Site. Our partners at Haiti North are a local Non-Government Organization. The Haiti North Site impacts two communities: Terrier-Rouge and Grand-Bassin, both about halfway between Cap-Haitien and the Dominican Republic border. Each community has a local clinic, which is run by the parish, and they offer primary care services. There are no surgical or obstetrical services at these clinics. There are approximately 700 children sponsored through Chalice in each community, each receiving support in education, health and nutrition, as well as family development. Additional support (such as water filtration and a poultry cooperative) reaches beyond sponsored children and their families to impact others in the wider community.
The small medical team will be assessing the current medical needs in the community in order to plan for a full-team medical mission in early 2018. In conjunction with this assessment, the team will provide clinical services alongside local health professionals, both to learn from as well as offer training as appropriate.
Missions to Guatemala
If you are interested in missions to Guatemala with another organization operating out of Quebec, email our Mission Coordinator for more details.
Thank you for your desire to serve with us!
Find out more:
Contact our Mission Trip Coordinator: email@example.com ; 1-800-776-6855
Mission Blog: www.chaliceontour.blogspot.ca
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ChaliceFan
Chalice Missions Flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/chalicemissions
Past Chalice Missions
Solidarity Tour to Peru
Mission Dates: October 15-23, 2016
Location: Canete, Peru - a town 150 km south of Lima, just inland from the coast
Sponsored Friends: If your sponsor child/elderly friend's code begins with CAN or SEN, we visited their Sponsor Site!
Mission to Ukraine
Service: In support of the Sponsor Sites’ Work (see below)
Location: Lviv and Ternopil, Ukraine
Dates: June 12-24, 2016
On this mission we had three service components. We trained Chalice staff and parent leaders in addictions support, so they could start small groups to empower those caught in addiction. We trained parent leaders and local health practitioners in first aid. We also supported two schools in their summer renovations.
For the Girls Mission, Kenya
Service: Increasing access to and awareness about reusable feminine hygiene products
Location: Asembo, Kenya
Dates: February 13-27, 2016
Many girls do not have access to safe, clean feminine hygiene products. As a result, many girls do not attend school for the duration of their menstrual period, every single month, thereby missing approx. 3 months of school per year. The result is often poor performance and/or dropping out of school. Aside from this, some of the products currently used and education around feminine hygiene lead to unhealthy practices. At Chalice, we have been working closely with a Nova Scotia Chapter of Days for Girls to distribute reusable feminine hygiene kits. On this mission we distributed kits, trained local women to make and market the kits, and provided education for the girls and women about their use.
Sharing Christ in Chile
Service: Parish Renovations and Global Alpha Training
Location: Arica, Chile
Dates: October 30 - November 10, 2015
A team of 8 volunteers from Saint Benedict Parish travelled with Chalice to our Arica Sponsor Site in Chile. Their mission was to fundraise for, as well as assisting in, building a second storey for the Parish Centre of Cristo Hermano Church. They also offered training for Alpha leaders, so that the Alpha Course could be offered at the parish. See what it's all about.